Tuesday, September 20, 2005

The Wedding




Ian and Hera

Finally!!! After those hard times and tears, they're now together. Ian, one of my cousins, who always looks cool in his own style and way. He's finally reached one of his many wishes, that is to marry the love of his life, Hera, in a small but nice and warm ceremony.


Ian

I have always thought that they're meant for each other. They've known each other since they were still in high school. It's been almost 9 years, I suppose. They've been through a lot of hard times, even one of the hardest times in relationship, which I can't tell here. Although I don't really see him as the kind of person with a strong personality, I admire the things he's done to change his life and learn from his past failures. And somehow, I have a feeling that he's gonna be a better person as he's now a husband and a father of a 4-year-old cute baby boy. In time, he'll learn how to live a good life.


Hera

A beautiful nice friendly young woman whom I always admire for her humbleness. I've never met any pretty, nice, patient, and friendly daughter of a very rich family like her before. To me, she's got quality. She's not that kind of spoilt rich girl, who doesn't have goals and doesn't work hard to reach them. What a gem! I am happy that she survived one of many difficult times a young woman would ever experience in life. Salute! I believe she is now happy with her new small family, a husband and a great baby boy. I'm sure she'll be a good mother.


The wedding
Bali, September 18, 2005

It was held at Grand Bali Beach hotel, at Garden Wing, to be precise. I thought it was gonna be a big celebration, like there would be hundreds of people. In fact it wasn't. It was more like a private wedding celebration. Only families, relatives, and closest friends of both sides were invited. There was a lot of food, more than enough I think, especially for less than 150 people. The decoration was really nice, simple, but very elegant. There were flowers every where. It's nice to have two big families with different background and culture together in one place. They had the 'cin ciu' (I'm not sure how it's spelled) session and 'poco-poco' (traditional folk dance of Manadonese and Ambonese people). Everyone had fun, including me. It's great to have some 'poco-poco' and 'cha-cha' dance on stage with our big family.

I've never imagined what kind of wedding celebration I will have someday, but looking at everything at Ian & Hera's wedding, I know for sure that I want mine to be small, simple, pretty, and warm. It will be great to see everyone smiling warmly and laughing happily. Someday....my dream will come true.


Wishes

I sincerely wish all the happiness in the world for Ian & Hera. They do have a long way to go. Marriage is never a simple thing, at least that's what I've seen around me. But, there are always ways to make it work. Congratulations!

7 comments:

eyes of a tragedy said...

thanks for your nice comment.

don't you wish sometimes you could put your nose away on a shelf till the cold was gone? haha.

take care.

Mable said...

I am so glad that you are back and thank you for coming by my blog and posting a comment. It was a very nice piece of writing on your cousin's wedding and sure gave me plenty to reflect on. If I were to have my wedding again, what would I do? Probaby leave a note and elope. Just kidding, or maybe I am not. Anyway, I enjoyed reading your post and welcome back Rinaku! I have missed you and thought of emailing but then I thought again that you probably had a reason for not writing and I knew you would return when you were ready. I did not check my mail so that was why I did not reply to your email. Cheers!

RinAku said...

Hi EOT!

You're most welcome. It's good to be back blogging again.

Hahahaha....right! It would be good if I could just put my nose away on a shelf! Hmm...wonder what it would feel like. Hehehe...


Aquarius

You're most welcome :))) I'm glad to be back again. And thank you! for reading every piece of my writing and liking it. I have always enjoyed reading yours as well.

Ciao!
^__+

Sou said...

OH YAY!!

You're back! You're back!!!

*does a lil dance*

Is that you on the far right?! ;)

RinAku said...

Hi Symbols!

Yes, I am back! Finally! ^__^

And yes, the one on the far right is me :) Good guess!

Carla Chanliau said...

bajunya sama. huehehe...

RinAku said...

hehehe...iya, sama :p
Abis mau beli lagi berapa duit tuh! Toh lagian gak ada orang lain selain mama ama dewi yg tau kalo tuh baju dah takpake ke kawinan sherly ^__+